POSTED: 7th October 2015 (CLOSING DATE FRIDAY 6TH NOVEMBER 2015 - 5PM)
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Salary: £16,500 - £18,000
Responsible to: Finance Manager
Based at: Cuffe & Taylor Group Headquarters, Bartle Court, Bartle, Preston
Cuffe & Taylor Group consists of a variety of companies managing events, concerts and tours. Ranging from large outdoor events, to artist management and event brand experiences.
In recent years the company has become one of North West’s premier concert promoters. Cuffe & Taylor are currently promoting and facilitating some of the music industry’s hottest talent, with Rod Stewart, Sir Tom Jones, Faithless, Tiesto, Rita Ora, Olly Murs, Alfie Boe, Russell Watson, Runrig and Disclosure, just some of the artists the Company has worked with previously.
Due to the continued growth of the company a bookkeeper is required to assist the Finance Manager. This role will form a key part of the Finance Department.
It requires a confident, enthusiastic and articulate bookkeeper to assist the Finance Manager. The role requires a high level of confidentiality due to the calibre of artists and commercial sensitivity surrounding their engagement with the company.
Summary of responsibilities and personal duties
1. Purchase/sales ledger data entry
2. Reconciling box office reports/credit card statements/petty cash floats
3. Working with the Event Managers to monitor event budgets
4. Working with the Finance Manager to produce pre/post event information for internal customers and partners
5. Ensuring that post show reporting is accurate and discrepancies are investigated thoroughly with the correct partners and managers
6. Playing an active role when required at events, to include cash office and other areas as required
This job description is not regarded as exclusive or exhaustive.
It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation. Qualifications AAT or a similar accounting qualification is desirable but not essential.
Applicants will be considered who do not possess a formal qualification but can demonstrate experience in a bookkeeping/accounts assistant role. As a minimum requirement you will need to have five GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade C including English and Maths.
• Excellent IT skills, particularly in Excel
• Basic knowledge of SAGE Line 50 or other finance software
• Commercially aware, with interest in developing more detailed understanding of the company
• Good numerical skills
• Good People & Communication skills
• A good sense of humour
• Good organisational and planning skills, able to multi-task
• A keen interest and understanding of the UK music and festival scene.
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Ability to innovate and be creative
• Driver with own car
• During events must be able to work on site and in a challenging working environment.
• Must be able to work additional hours, some of which will be at the weekend or at short notice
Please send a covering letter explaining why you believe you are the right candidate for the role, along with your Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com before 5pm on Friday 6th November 2016