Please check back regularly for information and up to date jobs. Please note we do not accepted unsolicited CV's.
Intern & Work Experience Programme - we have now filled our 2015 vacancies, please check back soon for details of our 2016 programme.
POSTED: 29th May 2015
Job Title: Ticketing and Box Office Manager
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 p.a. negotiable dependent on experience
Responsible to: The Head of Marketing
Based at: Cuffe & Taylor Group Headquarters, Bartle Court, Bartle, Preston
Main purpose of job
The Ticketing and Box Office Manager is responsible for the ticketing of all events across multiple venues and platforms. Using various ways of selling tickets the role works in conjunction with the Head of Marketing to maximise sales.
The role requires a high level of confidentiality due to the calibre of artists and commercial sensitivity surrounding their engagement with the company.
Summary of responsibilities and personal duties
- To manage allocation of tickets for each show and event across multiple agents and keep accurate records of this;
- Use the Spektrix system on a daily basis to update availability and record agent sales;
- Move availability of tickets around agents based on yield amounts and availability, applying strategies to maximise sales where possible;
- Provide detailed and real-time reports to the company on sales and availability when appropriate;
- Work with the Head of Marketing to integrate campaigns into the sales of tickets using agencies and online mediums where possible;
- Develop relationships with agency account managers to maximise opportunities for promotional activity;
- Develop auditable systems to avoid ticket fraud;
- Produce pre-show information for customers to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction;
- Ensure that post show reporting is accurate and discrepancies are investigated thoroughly;
- Run on-site box offices at shows and events and deliver excellent customers service;
- Manage multiple ticket stocks across various venues and agents;
- Keep accurate records of ticket sales and record complimentary and guest list data;
- Available at meetings to take minutes and recording of information in a professional manner;
- Manage special projects in the office as requested by The Directors or the Head of Marketing;
- Answer the telephone and carry out office admin duties in support of the Finance department when available;
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as requested by The Directors of The Head of Marketing.
This job description is not regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
Applicants should preferably have a degree (or equivalent) in relevant discipline. Experience will also be taken into account for candidates without a Degree Qualification but with another related qualification.
Applicants will also be considered who do not possess a formal qualification but can demonstrate significant experience in a similar Box Office role.
- Experience of marketing shows, concerts and events across multiple ticketing platforms;
- Theatre, Concert or Festival Box Office experience;
- Good numerical skills;
- Solid knowledge of API system integration to develop and advance a fully integrated ticketing platform across all agencies.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Office programmes;
- Ability to work under pressure and to extreme deadlines;
- Strong desire to keep up professional development;
- A commercial led ethos and understanding;
- A keen interest and understanding of the UK music and festival scene.
- Previous experience working for a major UK promoter or large ticketed venue;
- Experience of Spektrix System Box Office system
- A good sense of humour (or should that be essential criteria!?).
3.0 Special Skills
3.1 Excellent organisational, planning and operational management skills;
3.2 Excellent people skills;
3.3 Self-motivated and proactive;
3.4 Ability to innovate and be creative;
3.5 Excellent time management and prioritisation skills;
3.6 Ability to communicate effectively and confidently with diverse groups of people of varying ages, abilities and experience, both internally and externally.
4.1 Must be able to work additional hours, some of which may be at the weekend or at short notice;
4.2 During event weeks the ability to work on site and in a challenging working environment.
Applications should be in writing, by email only, to directorsPA@cuffeandtaylor.com
Please send a covering letter along with an up to date C.V.
Applications should be received by 12 noon on Friday 12th June.